VIRTUAL GROUP PROGRAM APPLICATION FORM
Big Brothers Big Sisters offers group programs throughout the school year. A group of 6-10 students will be facilitated by 1-2 leaders (female leaders for Go Girls and male leaders for Game On). This group session will be held on a virtual platform (ZOOM). The program will consist of ten, 1.5-hour sessions. Each session will be fun-filled, active, and informative.
The program strives to do the following:
- create appreciation for the benefits of an active, healthy lifestyle
- build understanding of what constitutes healthy eating habits
- promote the importance of positive mental activity and regular physical exercise
- encourage awareness of core values, personal interests, strengths and attributes
- support the development of leadership and life skills
- offer guidance in establishing and maintaining friendships
- encourage leadership skills and independent thinking
The first session will include training around child safety information reviewed in the Strong from the Start program through Big Brothers Big Sisters. Please contact the office at 250-748-2447 if you would like more information about the child safety training.
As part of the program, participants will be asked to complete an evaluation form telling us about their experience with the program. This information could be used to make program improvements and determine impact.
To register for this program, please complete and submit this form. Your child may withdraw from the program at any time. Should you wish to learn more about this program please contact Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Cowichan Valley at 250-748-2447.