Join the BEST Board in the Cowichan Valley!
Big Brothers Big Sisters Board of Directors is seeking new Directors to join the Board. Big Brothers Big Sisters strives to achieve diversity and inclusion, to best represent our communities, children and families we serve. We would be delighted to welcome new members!
- Board members meet 1 x per month for 1.5 hours over Zoom, with additional opportunities to contribute through committees and special events.
- Reports are sent in advance, for effective & efficient meetings.
- Board orientation and mentorship provided.
- Be part of a national movement and help fulfil the mission of enabling life-changing mentoring relationships to ignite the power and potential of young people.
- Work with a dynamic team with networking opportunities.
- Serve a two-year term and support the organizations strategic action plan.
The board is seeking to fill positions on the board including but not limited to; Youth (age 19+-34), individuals working in the Educational sector, in marketing/fund development, individuals who have connection and understanding of First Nations communities, experience in the non-profit/business sector and to all gender identities and ethnic backgrounds.
We encourage all interested individuals to attend (1-3 board meetings) prior to submitting an application.
If you’re interested in joining the Board or if you’d just like to learn more about our contribution to the community, YOU’RE INVITED to Big Brothers Big Sisters ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING on Tuesday June 13th at 6pm via Zoom! To RSVP or learn more about our Board of Directors email Cowichan.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-748-2447.