GROUP PROGRAM APPLICATION FORM
Big Brothers Big Sisters offers group programs throughout the school year. A group of 5-10 students will be facilitated by 1-2 leaders (female leaders for Go Girls and male leaders for Game On). This school year group sessions will be on a virtual platform (ZOOM) and, if it’s safe to do so, we’ll also provide in-person physically-distanced programming. The program will consist of seven to ten, 1.5 hour sessions. Each session will be fun-filled, active, and informative.
The program strives to do the following:
• create appreciation for the benefits of an active, healthy lifestyle
• build understanding of what constitutes healthy eating habits
• promote the importance of positive mental activity and regular physical exercise
• encourage awareness of core values, personal interests, strengths and attributes
• support the development of leadership and life skills
• offer guidance in establishing and maintaining friendships
• encourage leadership skills and independent thinking
The first session will include training around child safety information reviewed in the Strong from the Start program through Big Brothers Big Sisters. Please contact the office at 250-748-2447 if you would like more information about the child safety training.
For any in-person sessions held at the school, each group participant will require running shoes and comfortable clothes.
As part of the program, participants will be asked to complete an evaluation form telling us about their experience with the program. This information could be used to make program improvements and determine impact.
Please note we do provide snacks as part of the in-person sessions; please alert us to any allergies.
To register for this program, please complete and submit this form. Your child may withdraw from the program at any time. Should you wish to learn more about this program please contact Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Cowichan Valley at 250-748-2447.