BOARD TREASURER (VOLUNTEER)
Job Description – Board Treasurer
- Be responsible to the Board and accountable to it for any and all actions in the office of Treasurer
- Ensure the organization is following accounting systems that adhere to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for non-profits.
- Attend all regular monthly meetings of the Board of Directors
- Responsible for overseeing annual budget development & monitoring
- Evaluate and monitor internal controls
- Provide monthly Treasurer’s report to the Board of Directors
- Review Statutory remittances
- Provide support to Administrative Assistant and Executive Director when needed regarding finances.
- Review and approve monthly reconciliations
- Carry out special assignments delegated to the Treasurer by board action
- Be responsible for overseeing the general administration of funds including ensuring expenditures are properly authorized and paid on a timely basis
- Be responsible for making financial reports at stated intervals as authorized by the Board
- Be responsible for the Annual Reports including preparation of annual financial statements and completion of charitable information returns (T3010)
- Be responsible for overseeing the insurance of official tax receipts for donations in cash and kind
- Conduct the organization’s financial business through such chartered banks, trust companies, and/or credit unions as directed by the Executive Committee, with the consent of the Board
- When directed by the Board of Directors, may negotiate loan/investments through a chartered bank, trust company, and/or credit union.
- The Treasurer is to be a signing officer for the bank accounts of the Society